Sunday, April 8, 2012

Goudlings & Monument Valley

As I wind down this adventure, Monument Valley has been a very nice ending to a great week. People out in this part of the country, are not in a rush to go anywhere as many are in the local area we reside.  Children can still be seen playing outside, and the family is that of a working family.  There is little cell phone reception, and you see very few stores, unlike a WalMart on every corner.  After taking the tour of the park with our amazing Navajo guide, I felt like life meant more to these than some other people I know.  They treat the Earth well, and in return the Earth provides for them.  The families we met were more than thankful for the six dollar bracelets we bought, where a lesser quality at the local discount store would have been three times what we paid.  This gentleman knew his heritage and was carrying on a tradition with his family, many of which local family's(where I reside) have forgotten.  What if we took the time to truly understand ourselves, and what our body and earth is asking of us? Would we be in a better place?  Would it hurt to be a bit kinder as we saw these people be to each other?  How about respecting our elders as we saw at dinner?  All of these questions still stick in my head as I saw what I considered almost perfection.  I only have a few pics of the lodge and such, but the memory that was created in one that I will be able to share for a lifetime, picture or not.





Disclaimer: All photos used in this presentation are those of David George & Troy Sessions. Logos are those of their respective owners.  Information about attractions were taken from respective websites with the website cited within the paragraph, stating where my information came from.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment